Category to select: C. Embodied Learning
Due on Tuesday of Week 11.
Provide a brief synthesis of the readings you did and discuss the implications for your STEM practice.
1. The post should take about 300-400 words. Now, generate a set of questions for your colleagues. The questions should connect to PCK or TPACK (that is, be about pedagogical content knowledge or technological pedagogical content knowledge).
- When discussing your practice, describe a topic that you teach that you think would benefit from an embodied learning approach and explain why.
2. Respond to three other posts by Thursday of Week 11.
3. For your final assignments:
- If you selected the e-folio option, include a response to one of the following questions.
- Compare and contrast learning with thinking tags and learning with probes, or virtual realities such as Science Space.
- Where are the similarities and differences?
- Hypothesize how embodied learning is fostered and what possible role technology plays in this learning.
- Describe using specifics the nature of the activities that may have been central, in your opinion, to the learning experiences described in the papers you read.
According to Resnick and Wilensky (1998)1 , while role-playing activities have been commonly used in social studies classrooms, they have been infrequently used in science and mathematics classrooms.
- Speculate on why role playing activities may not be promoted in math and science and elaborate on your opinion on whether activities such as role playing should be promoted.
- Draw upon direct quotations from embodied learning theories and research in your response.
- Design an activity to challenge a specific misconception in math or science using one of the frameworks in Module B and one of the mobile technologies discussed.
- Explain your pedagogical design decisions.
- How could you use what is developed in these studies to design learning experiences for younger learners that incorporates perception/motion activity and digital technologies?
- What would younger children learn through this TELE (technology-enhanced learning experience)?
- If you are doing the TELE Design Assignment, review the table of targets under Course information, assignments, and the Legacy Assignment and continue to develop your ideas and artefacts after reviewing the weekly targets.
Posted by jwlewis on August 15, 2017
Posted by seanturn on July 28, 2017
Posted by momoe on
Posted by Cristina Leo on
Posted by Jocelynn Mortlock on July 27, 2017
Posted by Gary Ma on July 26, 2017
Posted by YooYoung on
Posted by baljeet gill on July 25, 2017
Posted by Wanyi Wong on
Posted by Allen Wideman on
Posted by Derek Cowan on
Posted by Michael Hengeveld on
Posted by Kirsten Ocoin on
Posted by Sarah Winkler on July 24, 2017
Posted by Nathan Lott on
Posted by DANIELLE PETERS on
Posted by Andrew Yeung on
Posted by Natalie Roberts on July 21, 2017
Posted by Joshua Elsdon on March 24, 2017
Posted by catherine sverko on March 20, 2017
Posted by jessica holder on March 18, 2017
Posted by STEPHANIE IVES on
Posted by tyler kolpin on March 17, 2017
Posted by vibhu vashisht on March 16, 2017
Posted by wincherella on