As for a small business, there are some following key points of digital marketing strategy. I take an example of Evolve Design: www.evolvedesign.com
Approach of Targeting Audience
The target audience of “Evolve Design” is 30-65 years of age, living in the Greater Vancouver area, homeowners, dual income is ideal.
- Insert keywords in the filter functionality. For example, selecting ages 30-64 (64 is oldest age Facebook let us pick), interested in “Renovation”, living within 50 miles of Vancouver. As a result, there are 8,800 people.
- There are two ways to post ads like newsfeed in others’ timeline and ads post at the right hand side. Facebook also allows us to test multiple ads at one time (called A/B testing or split testing).
Basically, the service functionality of Twitter ads is similar with Facebook ads. However, there is feature that can approach your target customer through GPS positioning location of mobile phone.
Under the limitation of No. of characters of Meta tag title, use as many as possible keywords to meet the preference of target audience so as to increase the probability to searched.
Be Engaged in Relevant Communities
Join popular communities related to our business by Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. For example, Evolve is in Kitchen designs, it may join communities on innovative food presentation ideas, Quick Cleaning Ideas etc. Once it have identified and joined relevant communities, must stay active and engaged on them.
Organic SEO Tactics
Integrated Organic SEO means how well you come up naturally in a search engine’s results (i.e., unpaid). Regarding statistics, if you are not on the first page of search results, over 60% of internet users will not find you.
Basically, we can use Meta Tag title as well as Meta Tag description to depict the business and your customers’ preference as specifically as possible.
Social Media Communication
In addition to Facebook and Twitter just mentioned, Google+ and Linkedin will be introduced in detail as business exposure as follows.
Google+ page should be a follower engagement hub. Highly engaged followers on Google+ help to enhance Organic SEO. There are some key steps about the business marketing in Google+ as follows:
- Visual tactics. Google+ provides friendly picture, video, and other Apps like shared presentation post functionalities.
- Hangout. You can use hangout to present a live event or marketing campaign. Meanwhile, hangout is a good way to accept a consulting of potential lead or solve the problems of your customers face to face.
While Facebook, Twitter and Instagram give a personal human touch to your business, LinkedIn completes your entire Internet Marketing Portfolio by providing a Professional Touch.
Request recommendations from your clients and business partners to build your own business community combined with 2nd and 3rd level relationship.
Taking advantage of endorsements from your clients and partners will enhance your search ability on LinkedIn.
Meanwhile, to integrate different social media to improve your engagement and upgrade the search engine ranking.
The Plan of Internet Marketing
Formulate a marketing plan based on specific implementation actions as well as key metrics by the timeline of 3 month, 6 month and 1 year.
As for a one-month consulting project, there are several take away:
- Arrange client meetings at the very beginning for understanding requirements and in the end for client presentation.
- Use Google Drive or dropbox to make teamwork, and then accumulate questions to project manager who communicates with client periodically.
- Pick an informal place to report to client like Starbucks or hotel lobby. When one member is reporting, another member can demonstrate idea to client.