What you’re doing with them
Since blog systems provide tools for readers and authors of blogs to interact, it can help fuel discussion – especially useful in the context of higher education.
Currently, UBC is using weblogs:
- as personal logs/journals to keep track of work/learning activities
- as digital photo albums
- as potential e-portfolio tools
- as course web pages, encouraging discussion and collaboration
- as private management and communication tools for large campus groups, administrative teams, and communities of practice
- to easily update online newsletters
- to keep a collection of useful, searchable links
We’re currently using WordPress MU publishing system to create and maintain blogs.
If you’d like to start your own blog, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.