The Stigma of Mental Illness

The negative stigma surrounding mental illnesses including anxiety and depression has negative consequences on society and the person suffering from the disorder. Depression and anxiety…

Dear Past Self

Dear past self,         I know that the past few days, weeks, months or even years have been filled with…

Two types of Pride

How did the emotion of pride evolve? There are two paths that led to us standing tall. One based on…

Sisters

I have two sisters. One is older than me, has achieved incredible things with her life, and she’s depressed. One…

Isolated and International

According to UBC Overview and Facts, students in the 2016/17 school year included 24.0% international students for the Vancouver campus,…

How Communication Can Affect Our Mental Wellness

Taking the time out of our busy schedules to speak with our loved ones is important, not only to maintain…

Study spots to ease the study stress

In the midst of midterm season, and deep in the depths of studying way too much, I would like to…

Social Anxiety & Me

I stare at the phone in front of me, dreading the important call I have to make. My hand clutches…

#MeToo.

Note: This post deals with themes of sexual harassment and assault. If you are looking for support at UBC, the…

Growth

Though never officially diagnosed, I am almost positive that I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and while it has become more…

© 2018 UBC Mental Health Awareness Club. Theme by Anders Norén.