WHERE MY SINGLE PEOPLE AT!?!?!

WHERE MY SINGLE PEOPLE AT!?!?! No? Just me? Alright, well as we all know, the highly dreaded/anticipated holiday of Valentine’s Day is speedily approaching. For those of you who are dreading spending this day without a significant other, I am here to give you survival tips. So, without further ado I give you –

EMILY’S DECLASSIFIED UNIVERSITY SURVIVAL GUIDE: VALENTINE’S DAY (no copyright infringement intended)

Tip #1 – Do something fun! Don’t wallow in misery, tweeting #foreveralone jokes, get out of your bedroom, find an extra fun Sunday activity and immerse yourself in it.

Tip #2 – Plan a day with one of your fellow single friends (statistically, you’ve gotta have one). I, for example, have a full day planned with my friend and it will be full of food, movies, fun, and cuddles with her puppy. Yay!

Tip #3 – Make Valentines for your friends. I’m not talking about writing some sort of strange card confessing your undying, romantic love for your friends, I mean that love is for everyone so share it with as many people as you can! Friendship love is just as important as romantic love, so make someone’s day and tell them they’re special.

Tip #4 – Have a self-care day! Go for a run, make something delicious, read a book, get some work done, clean your room, drink tea, hug yourself – do whatever you need to do to feel good!

Tip #5 – Ignore it. If Valentine’s day isn’t your thing (single or not), don’t worry about it! You don’t have to bow to societal norms if you don’t want to. For some this is a holiday to celebrate the people you love. For some this is a made up corporate holiday scam that just wants to take your money. So you do you and don’t feel any pressure to treat February 14 differently from any other Sunday.

That’s all I’ve got for you today friends. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day no matter what your thoughts on the occasion are. You are beautiful, you are worthy of love, and you deserve a good day. So have one 🙂

LOVE EMILY XOXO