Chinese New Years may have passed but you can still create your own wonderful hot dumplings to eat on a cold day. You can buy frozen ones at the store but what’s the fun in that?
- Wonton wrappers
- 1 ¾ Ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 cups finely shredded Nappa cabbage
For soy vinegar dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 whole scallion, trimmed and sliced
- 1 hot green chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all the ingredients for soy vinegar dipping sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, ginger, garlic, scallion, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg and cabbage. Stir until well mixed.
- Place 1 teaspoon of pork filling on each wonton skin. Moisten the edges of the wonton skin and fold the edges to form a triangle shape to seal it.
- Boil a pot of water and dump your dumplings into boiling water until the dumpling starts to float. Let it boil for 1-2 more minutes then take them out and they’re ready!