WILU 2017 will be hosted by the University of Alberta in Edmonton on May 23-25, 2017. Hope to see you there!
UBC Library invites interested institutions to apply to host the Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU) conference in 2017.
Procedures for Submitting a Proposal to Host WILU 2017:
The University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries of the interested institution will apply in writing by April 15th, 2016 to Erin Fields, Chair WILU 2017 planning committee.
The proposal may be submitted by email at: email@example.com with the subject line: WILU 2017 Host Proposal
Proposals will be approximately one page in length and should address the selection criteria.
- Normally, WILU travels back and forth across Canada to ensure that participants from all regions have an opportunity to attend without long-distance travel; however this pattern is flexible and all interested hosts will be considered.
- Institutions interested in hosting must have the support of their University or Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries.
- Applicants should demonstrate enough local interest to staff a conference committee.
- Institutions should have suitable conference facilities.
- Institutions must be able to offer all delegates accommodations, either on campus or in the vicinity of the conference facilities.
- In the case of multiple applicants for the same year, preference may be given to institutions who have never hosted WILU or who have hosted it less recently than others.
Please refer to the WILU History page for an overview of WILU values and past conference themes: http://blogs.ubc.ca/wilu2016/wilu-history-2/
Successful applicants will be notified by May 1st, 2016.