For more on benefits see : http://www.eos.ubc.ca/research/cwsei/eossei-times/EOSSEITimes_4.1GroupExams.pdf
A two page summary with tips for successful two stage exams is at
- Gilley, B. and Clarkston, B. “Collaborative testing: evidence of learning in a controlled in-class study of undergraduate students”, Accepted for publication in Journal of College Science Teaching, January, 2014.
- Cortright, R.N., Collins, H.L., Rodenbaugh D.W., and DiCarlo, S.T. 2003. Student retention of course content is improved by collaborative‐group testing, Advan. Physiol. Edu. 27: 102‐108 pp, 2003
- Stearns, S. A. 1996. Collaborative Exams as Learning Tools College Teaching, Vol. 44, No. 3 (Summer, 1996), pp. 111‐112
- CWSEI: For supporting science education development at UBC.
- Faculty of Science: I. Cavers for encouragement and funding.
- Thank you to students and teaching assistants in the class for agreeing to sign permission wavers for filming.
- Contact for further information: find instructor(s) on the EOSC 326 home page.