I am the Web Communications Coordinator for the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (LFS). I’m involved in day-to-day web and social media communications for LFS as a whole, as well as providing technical and strategic support to users and administrative units with their own web and communication projects. I report to the LFS Communications Manager, Jennifer Honeybourn, and work out of the H.R. MacMillan Building at the UBC Vancouver campus.
Some of my on-going projects include:
- ReachOut, the LFS e-newsletter and blog
- LFS Today, the LFS daily internal bulletin for faculty and staff
- LFS Website, www.landfood.ubc.ca, and its sub-sites
- LFS social media: Twitter, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn Company Page and Groups, Google+ Page, YouTube Channel, Pinterest Boards, etc.
- LFS Wiki pages
- E-payment modules for LFS events
Projects I have provided start-up support on:
- Communication and engagement analysis for web/social assets
- Websites for LFS units and affiliates
- Blogs for Undergraduate & Graduate Student Services
- Social media accounts for LFS units and affiliates
- Document conversion projects (I would love to see LFS collectively dump PDFs as web documents once and for all)
Outside of UBC, I enjoy outdoor activities that allow me to explore the wonder of the lower mainland and surrounding area. I can usually be found sampling BC craft beers on an East Van patio in the summer, and experiencing the emotional highs and lows of cheering for my hometown hockey team during the winter.