Posted by: | 8th Mar, 2013

Mod 5 – March 8

I’ll start by saying that overall, this was an impressive read both for the level of detail that was included and for the succinctness of the writing. Even though it was long, it wasn’t overwhelming to work through the information.

As it parallels our “checklist” I noted the following.

* The Literature Review section makes a sincere effort to “develop a storyline”…. and it wasn’t overly peppered with distracting references.

* It was impressive how the study proposal highlighted all the counterarguments to potential validity concerns. There was also clear examination of the ethical concerns that may arise. Although this wasn’t in our checklist, it is very important for my particular research interests and provides an example for me to reference.

* The data analysis included an incredible level of detail, outlining both the research methodology and the foreseeable data analysis techniques.

* The focus question was clearly mentioned (no hypothesis) and the outline of subsequent questions was thorough.

* The one area that I was hoping to see highlighted, (and even though it was mentioned it didn’t really pop), was the significance of the study and the information about why it’s needed. I had to read and reread this section because I was looking for a clear argument, but I couldn’t find a convincing statement about the need for this study.

All in all, a helpful read and thoughtful comparison for my own proposal assignment.

P. Collins

Pages

Recent Posts