Career News | Giveaway Winners, Consider Toronto, LinkedIn Tips

Week of Nov. 30 – Dec. 7, 2017

Student Giveaway Winners!

Thanks to those who entered our MBAN/MM giveaway. Congratulations to the following winners who won a $25 Amazon gift card and Dale Carnegie book! Each student answered how they have professionally transformed over the last 2 periods. Their responses are below.

“In MBAN, I am also learning how to learn”– Sahil Jain, MBAN 2017/18

“Learn to be assertive and resilient.” – Chang He, MBAN 2017/18

“Over the last two periods, I believe I have developed a deeper understanding of my interests through help of Carly, courses, self reflection, and company info sessions“. -Raewyn Danvers, MM 2017/18

“Living alone and working towards growth, MM has helped me to deal with conflicts a lot better helping me understand that I don’t need to please everyone.”– Hasan Patel, MM 2017/18

Considering Toronto?

Exploring your career options? Hear from a recruiter at Labatt Breweries, Bianca Ciccarelli, on how moving to Toronto can positively affect your career.

“Toronto is a very exciting place to be when you begin your career! With so many corporate national offices– including Labatt’s, […] students and recent graduates benefit from the larger pool of jobs available to them and the exciting career paths these opportunities lead to […]. This will lead to quicker progression in your career, while also allowing you to live in a growing city!”- Bianca Ciccarelli, Western Canada People Manager, Labatt Breweries

Working Outside Vancouver

Enhance your LinkedIn profile

10 LinkedIn Tips for Students & New Grads

Think of LinkedIn as your resume that never sleeps. But a lot more. It’s your professional brand in the world. It’s the result you actually want up top when someone Googles you (which they will!).” – LinkedIn

Did you know LinkedIn has an entire University student resource section? Check out LinkedIn for 10 great tips to curate your profile further and make yourself visible in the working world.

Holiday Cheer!

Good Luck on your last exam tomorrow and remember to bring your lovely selves to HA 132 at 12:00pm this Friday, December 1 for a SURPRISE!

Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre
155 – 2053 Main Mall
UBC Sauder School of Business
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday

Contact Info:
mbancareers@sauder.ubc.ca