Module One

I was hoping to getting to this earlier on in the week, but I feel a little behind.

I very much enjoyed the readings from week one. I found the trouble of settling on a proper definition (or theory of) of educational technology to be as honest as expected. The dynamic nature of technology I believe will always be shifting the view of what ET is or will be. I always like to remind myself that technology is just a tool. It cannot take the place of what a teacher is possible capable of doing. I was fortunate enough during the first week of school to have a discussion with my librarian about the purchasing of overhead lab cameras. He ask me my opinion on them. I told him, think of the steps you need to make this work. First, you need the camera, then the LCD projector, then a computer as a medium between the two. And unless the LCD/computer/camera is constantly on in a fixed location, it is time consuming to put it all together. Would it not be easier just to create a station/display for the students to come and explore? In the end, for me, ET needs to be unobtrusive, much as chalk is.