August 2022

Task 7 – Mode-Bending

I contemplated using TikTok for this task as I am not a user and wanted to see what the hype was all about. However, I decided against it for 2 reasons:
1. I am aware of the privacy concerns with TikTok and although I really don’t think any of our devices and apps are fully secure, I decided to avoid adding one more app to the
2. I didn’t want to get sucked into the TikTok culture and waste my summer days scrolling through mindless videos. I’m aware that there is some really creative and informative content on TikTok, but for now, I’m going to stay away.

I did want to try out a new tech tool that I haven’t used before, so after some handy Google work, I decided to try the Adobe Spark Video App for the iPad. It’s a really basic video making tool that allows you to blend photos, videos, icons and audio to create audiovisual presentations. I found it to be very user-friendly and although I am used to having more creative control with my video editing through Final Cut Pro and iMovie, I appreciated the limited options as it forced my creative mind to keep focussed with a more streamlined approach. This would be a great tool to introduce to my primary tech students as an introductory video creation activity.

Check out my video below!

Design by Liana Ranallo