Pizza Hut’s Total Rebrand

A recent source of intrigue in the business world is Pizza Hut’s newly announced re-brand. The company, which has been seeing a decline the past two years, has decided to change almost everything about the brand, from the topping options to the logo on the box.Some experts in the field feel that Pizza hut is doing “too much too quickly,” however I take a different perspective on the issue.

Pizza-Hut-to-undergo-massive-brand-overhaul

Time and time again I have heard stories of companies that were too afraid or too set in their ways to make a change that would have saved them from failure. A prime example of this would be Kodak. Kodak actually invented the digital camera in 1975, but because they feared that the digital camera would take away film sales, they never produced them. As history will show, this was a fatal error—Kodak’s competitors went on to mass produce the digital camera and Kodak faded into obscurity.

Although Pizza Hut may be taking the risk of losing brand recognition and alienating a customer segment who enjoys the current Pizza Hut brand, the rewards to be gained in my opinion far outweigh the risks. Obviously the company agrees with me, as they are continuing on with the rebrand despite the uncertainty. It will be interesting to see how the changes affect the company’s sales in the coming months.