Letter of Application

1145 Inlet Street

Coquitlam, V3B 6E8

Sept, 17, 2019

ENGL 301 Classmates

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall

Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4

Dear ENGL 301 Classmates,

My name is Adrienne and I’m a fifth year psychology student with a passion for creative writing. I’m excited to meet you all (digitally, that is) and I hope that what I outline in my letter of application will compliment some of your skills!

After I graduate, I hope to pursue a career in writing. My interests pertain mostly to profile writing and article writing, however, I am continually exploring this creative field. I would love to eventually work for a digital publication where I could explore topics of love and relationships, beauty, fascinating individuals, and self-exploration.

I am currently a writer for The Ubyssey, where I’ve been able to apply principles and practices I’ve learned in Creative Writing courses. Being a writer for The Ubyssey has encouraged me to explore my creative boundaries and craft pieces that are not only relevant and engaging, but concise. I’m also the newly appointed Social Media Manager for the AMS Vice Program which provides individuals struggling with technology, drug, and/or alcohol addiction with support and outreach. I was attracted to the position because within the past year, I’ve become fascinated with the unlimited creative potential and reach of digital media. In doing so, I’ve gained valuable skills in copywriting, basic graphic design, and marketing strategies.

I believe in putting your best foot forward, no matter the task. I am also very detailed-oriented; however, it can be to the point that it can hinder my work progress. I often find myself caught up in the minutiae of my own work, when in reality, simply completing a task can be greater than perfecting it.

I’m a very introspective and passionate individual. I’ve learned over the years, that filling your time with meaningful, purposeful work is important. Thus, my learning philosophy is to discover and appreciate the value that each program, lesson, or course offers.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to collaborating with you!

Sincerely,

Adrienne Yap

301 Adrienne Yap Application letter

One thought on “Letter of Application”

1. Hi Adrienne! I will definitely be sending you an email, but also cool with just being facebook friends and over analysing some memes with our shared passion for creativity