ENGL 301 Best Work

Taking ENGL 301 has taught me so much more than how to write professionally. I’ve learned how to formulate a proper email, write with the audience in mind, create a formal report, and peer review others. 

The following are just a few examples of some of my best work from the course

Definitions assignment: We were instructed to select a word that only someone studying in our field would understand. The purpose of the assignment was to turn that complicated term into something simple, one that everyone and anyone could understand. This was to improve our ability to break terminology down and improve communication.

Definitions Assignment

Formal Report proposal and progress draft: In this assignment, we had to propose an idea for a formal report and then create a draft. This was to give us experience sifting through the many ideas that could potentially become a formal report, as we had to identify a topic that was feasible. 

Formal Report Progress Draft

Research Proposal

Complaint and response letter: For this assignment, we had to draw on past experience and identify a situation where we had received poor service, or experienced something negative that would warrant a letter of complaint. The purpose of this was to teach us how to write with YOU attitude.

Letters of Complaint and Response

Peer reviews: throughout the course, we had to write numerous peer reviews for our classmates. I believe that this was to teach us how to look at someone else’s work critically, learn how to communicate the pros and cons, and do so in a way that was fair. 

Peer Review of Definitions Assignment

Peer review of formal report

Peer Review of Application Package