Establish a System

One of the most important rules that I stand by is the importance of having a strong system to everything and following it as much as possible, while still seeking improvements. However, I am nowhere near having a complete system yet, but I feel that I am starting to get a feel for what I am best at. That is more specifically in technical analysis with a combination of following historical trends.

This week I gained $1k (at least) with a pending trade that should give me another $2k (let’s not ask about the whole pending trade system). All of the trades involved the use of technical analysis with very little fundamentals involved at all. I had gone long in Wheat and short on both corn and soy on the early morning of October 10th, then closed them all by the end of the day. The shorting  of both corn and soy came from what I see were the beginnings of continuation patterns. The long in wheat came from what I saw as the prices being near the bottom of its continuation pattern and the need to go back up. All three of these happened and I got out of the market quickly. Then, at the end of the week, I went short on wheat when I felt that it had reached the peak of its continuation pattern and it has since dropped  following that trade. I have also closed that trade.

As such, I went 4/4 on all of my decisions this week and I am staying at consistent gains.

1 thought on “Establish a System

1. Interesting to read about your technical analysis. I’m still not sure about the pending order. If the order has remained as pending by the end of day, would you be able to cancel it after market closes? Thank you for sharing.