La Senza to Debut in the US

La Senza is a Canadian lingerie brand that has 335 franchised shops in international markets, however, none of them are in the US. I personally love their stuff and I am a loyal customer. Their lingerie is attractive, affordable, and comfortable, but that is just my opinion. Looking at the bigger picture, this is a big step for La Senza because it’s battling with other well-known lingerie brands like Victoria Secret. La Senza positions itself as a brand where “sexy is an everyday thing” and that you can shop at “guilt-free prices”.

La Senza aims to seek buyers through its sexy appeal, but wants to focus on its value. This lingerie brand segments its market through behavioural and psychographic segmentation. Women want to look good and through sexy lingerie they are not only able to please themselves, but also their significant other. Even though lingerie is not exposed and is covered up, wearing well designed and pretty undergarments makes one feel good, like me, and every other woman. Since young women is La Senza’s prime target market, attractive lingerie, coming from a woman’s perspective at least, self-motivates them and increases their self-esteem. You never have that thought of feeling ugly. It is all psychological. To look good, women wear nice clothes from expensive brands, so the same goes for lingerie.

In terms of behavioural segmentation, once women are pleased with the product they’ve bought, they are very likely to go back and buy it again (or recommend it to their friends like I have). To compete with top brands in the US, like Victoria Secret, La Senza should continue to put effort and stick to the way it has already positioned itself in the lingerie market since day one. It shows that they are loyal to what they believe in and are unique and not just copying what other brands are doing. In order to succeed, they should make sure that they make people understand and realize the VALUE of their products.

Article: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/10/18/sexy-lingerie-chain-la-senza-to.html

03. November 2013 by akankshakapil
Categories: Uncategorized | 2 comments

Comments (2)