How to lose money ,Season 2

Well actually I’m satisfied with my performance this week even I’m still on the bottle…Apparently I have not learned how to earn but after the first crushed day of this week , I’ve got the lesson of not losing so much.

As a bottle , I did not lose more….from Tuesday ,maybe it’s a big success for a loser.

Portfolio

this weeks portfolio is still 

Trades of this week

1. Short corn

Lost about 1700 dollars.It’s a bad decision ,and I feel lucky that I remember to set a GTC stop price of it that I did not lose so much.Not a  huge harvest might lead price to go up for a  short term .That’s why my decision failed.

1. Short soybeans

Gain 5000 dollars.Even many news told me that China will import more soybeans which will make the price go up. I noticed that Brazil planned to plant more soybeans in the future which indicated that large supply in a long term.  Those news helped me to earn a little bit but also let me realized different viewpoints were always there. The important thing is not reading ,but choosing.

Interesting try

I did some interesting try this week, it let me lose some money but still opened another door for me .

It’s all because I have been very no confident  about my judges on futures price. I decided to  open two hedge positions at the same time and set two stop losing price at the very beginning.

The idea is if I don’t know which directions prices will go , I will open to contrary positions and two stop losing prices. Then I will at least win at one contract , and control my lose at a certain level on the other contract. I tried this strategy but it did not take me profit . I guess because I set those two stop losing prices  too narrow ,so differences between stop prices with  open positions prices, so the system will close my positions while  the market having regular fluctuation  Maybe a should try a larger discrepancy  next time.

Actually now I’m kind of not that care about my portfolio because there is nothing for me to tell about winning till now. But I think mistakes and new tries are really valuable for a trader holding fake money.

Something unexpected

At the beginning of this week, I really  saw the power of USDA monthly update report. On Monday , big prices changes happened on every item. While I think something will get more vague because the federal government shutdown. So the Oct.11 USDA report may be delayed. Because people are uncertain about the delaying , I expected there will be larger trade volume next week because of closing positions. Speculators may tend to close their positions. For example , wheat has been going up for a long time and there are so many people open long positions for it in this process. I think this trend will end because of many factors ,which I think the important one is  vague future.

Hope I can experience more in next week.