Ping Cao’s Task 4

Task 4

Ping’s Task 4 was amazing. First, she did both the potato and manuscript, plus she added editing to her manuscript to spot our the errors. Ping’s overall experience with the potato stamping was similar in that we both cut our letters out incorrectly. I feel better about my error knowing others did the same thing. However, she was a bit smarter and chose to use an exacto knife with the trickier letters.

Ping and I have chosen to use WordPress and we are also using the same theme, albeit our blogs look different. Ping has chosen to include many images, which I was immediately attracted to as I employ some of those strategies on my page. I also want to add that Ping is a Mom, which I gathered from her photos, and that somehow made me interested in what she was sharing.

Although I did not ‘do’ the manual script, I did include a photo of some class notes. What I noticed immediately was HOW different our hand written text was. I was immediately attracted to her penmanship. I also began laughing at her McDonald’s story where her daughter now asks for a BAGEL in the car. My daughter (who is a very picky eater) also asks for HASH BROWNS anytime we drive by a McDonalds. I also felt, as I was reading the manuscript, that I could hear voice and the tone was prevalent throughout her story. None of the grammatical issues bothered me. I read her work with ease. I was surprised when she included the edited part and she caught mistakes with spelling and grammar. This made me think that maybe the mechanics or conventions of writing don’t have as much influence as I have thought. In other words, maybe if the story — be it written or oral, has enough interest, then the mode is not inherently important.

I’m excited to see what other posts Ping shares!