Nananananananana… NAMTAB!! …Wait…

You know what’s worse than having to pay for a video game out of your own pocket for the first time? (And we’re talking about $74 here out of a $20/week allowance).  HAVING TO WAIT LIKE A WHOLE WEEK TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT.  If I owned a TV I’d be jamming like nobody’s business on my PS3 with Batman Arkham City.  But I don’t own a TV.  Well I do but it’s back home… and it’s like bigger than my dorm bed.  And contrary to how I usually live my life, I do prioritize sleep over gaming… sometimes.  I will eventually post my thoughts about Arkham City but it’ll have to wait…
At least I have you, Steam… at least I have you…

Well with that pointless note out of the way… (“GET ON WITH IT!”)

Things at UBC were busy for a while, as I said before, but now it’s all going pretty well.  I finished a midterm today (which would explain my absence for the past few days), and instead of being at the anime club screening, or with my friend at her house, or back home, or EVEN at the Blog Squad event that’s on right now (I forgot to RSVP anyway), I’m at my dorm snacking on Werther’s candies listening typing this listening to Wiener Blut.  Although moments ago I was listening to David Mitchell rant about falling sausages on YouTube.  David Mitchell is God, after all.  …After Stephen Fry though…  WHY AM I NOT BRITISH

This post is supposed to be about the future, but I’m afraid that’s a little hazy.  I dropped Swing Kids since Thursday nights usually mean cramming nights now for some reason, and as for my classes… there is no hope for Econ or Creative Writing.  I was surprised I did so badly on the latter course assignment, for a moment it was like I’d lost a lot of meaning in my life.  But I picked myself up now and WHELP we’ll see.  My future with UBC is odd… I was here for Creative Writing, as past readers know.  If I’m just going to do badly in it, who knows if I’ll stick around for the same reason in second year.  I’m not saying that one bad mark on an assignment defines my choice to switch, not at all, but I have been thinking about this for a while, and like any other confused First Year, I don’t know if it’s right for me.  The course is interesting buuuuut I don’t know…
Anyone else who’s confused about their major or future at university, yes, I know you’ve heard this a billion times and it’s not reassuring at all, but I’m going to say it: it’s natural to be confused.  When people say that to me, it doesn’t help.  I’m thinking: So now instead of just me suffering, EVERYBODY around me is like a loose chicken with its head cut off wandering in random directions like idiots.  We’re all screwed.  …What the hell are we doing here then?
That’s just the question, you really don’t find that out in a pinch, I don’t think.  But worry not, I think things’ll muddle through for confused first years.  For those of you who think you have everything planned out (and I’ve met you people, you know who you are)… good luck with that >_>

That aside, there are other more positive things going on.  I’m still making my weekly comic shop trips (my wallet’s crying about it though), the Game Developers Association should be having their Jeopardy game sometime soon, the anime club Halloween dance is coming up, AND AT LONG LAST THERE ARE ECON TUTORIALS IN THE PREEVENING (if you don’t know what time of day that is… one word: Sheldon).
Also, my English and Japanese courses are looking good, so I have a feeling I’ll be keeping up Japanese in the future, it isn’t as hard as I’ve had some people warn me before.

Other than that, I’m still exploring campus, and later intend to actually sit down at the Nitobe garden and just relax.  I walked around it when the weather was nice when does that actually happen in Vancouver and if you haven’t been there but want to, take the chance when the sun’s out 🙂  Because God knows if it’ll ever come out again.

…Oh my God, I’ve caught up with everything I wanted to say! At long last!
WELL off to enjoy a good weekend.  Tonight I’m brooding over Arkham City and studying Econ, tomorrow is Metrotown time (if EB Games is actually hiring I’m THERE), and Sunday is driving.  AND BATMAN.

If you’re bored (which you probably are if you’re taking the time to read the drabble that is my life), here’s some Bill Bailey.  Worship him:

Bill Bailey in We Are Most Amused

-Alyssa

Coming Eventually: ANYTHING I WANT.

EDIT: If anyone knows some good record stores, please let me know, I’d appreciate a recommendation.  Not only am I running around looking for obscure records (-cough- hipster -cough-) as I explore Vancouver, I’m running out of Strauss stuff here.  I take so long to type that I’m almost halfway through Gypsy Baron D:

EDIT 2: Printer’s not fixed and still only scans, so I’m just going to get a new printer.  That said, I’ll be uploading the pictures for all these past few posts today or tomorrow 🙂

3 thoughts on “Nananananananana… NAMTAB!! …Wait…