Motivating Generation Y!

Just thinking today about my future generation and our workforce, I started to wonder how we will be able to be as productive as our parents are now currently in the workforce. Through a random google search I found some interesting points on how we, Generation Y, will be motivated by our bosses to continue and improve on the work from other generations:

1. Teach (and show) them they are making a difference. This is a generation that wants to make a bigger impact on the world we live in and they show it with their purchasing power. Having a consistent and clear strategy for making our world a better place makes communicating the impacts back to our team straightforward and actionable.

2. Embrace social media. Digital and social media play a huge role for Generation Y and as employers we need to accept and find ways to work with it. By making it possible for Generation Y to use social media tools at work (within reason, of course), you show them that you understand and respect that their lives outside of work are important, too.