The Daily Exposure to Marketing

Everyday, consumers are exposed to marketing of all kinds.  Being a Sauder student, I’m not just referring to the advertisements on radio, magazines, and television.  When I enter Henry Angus, the CA Hall is filled with booths, lining both side of the hall.  There are not many days when there are no booths; there are always events taking place throughout the year.  So what does this mean?  It means that for anyone who walks through the CA Hall will see what upcoming events there are, and sometimes be approached by people to attend their event.  If it weren’t for these booths, I would not know what’s going on in the school.  There are just too many clubs and conferences to keep track of.  Booths are, in my opinion, a very effective way of marketing the events that go on in Sauder.

I’m going to do some shameless promotion for a friend now.  Me Inc, an annual conference, is coming up next Friday, and they have been present in the CA Hall for the past couple of weeks.  Their bright orange and white banner really attracts students’ attention.  There are always people from the Me Inc. team at the booth throughout the day, so students know they will be there to answer any questions they have.  In addition, they have a pre-conference competition going on, in which they are trying to see who can trade a paper clip for the coolest thing.  That’s pretty cool.  So in terms of marketing, I think Me Inc. is doing a good job in getting students to remember their conference.  And giving students free stuff is always a bonus.