Blog

ENGL 301 Writing Team Application Letter

Dear English 301 Classmates:

I am writing to highlight my previous experiences and professional interests with the hope of creating the perfect writing team for English 301 this semester. I am hoping to apply my knowledge from past work and academic experience to be an outstanding member of any writing team.

My previous academic experience includes an undergraduate degree in biology at Queen’s University followed by a professional degree at UBC Pharmacy. Throughout these schoolings I have had the opportunity to develop my technical writing skills having written many papers and reports. In addition, I have lots of practice peer reviewing and working in a group setting. Prior to coming back to UBC for computer science I worked as a pharmacist manager for three years. In this role, I was responsible for writing to the senior executive team weekly reports of the business and the projected landscape, as well as having to maintain written and verbal communication with members of my own business unit.

My strengths include having strong attention to detail and this is reflected in my technical writing. I have earned praise from my previous workplace for my detailed and well-organized reports. An area I hope to grow in my writing is to remove the excess fluff in my writing and improve my writing structure to include more variability. Additionally, I am looking forward to working with a group, being inter-dependent on each other helps me with my time management and collaboration skills.

To improve in my listed areas of weakness I hope to learn from this course content, the instructor, and my writing group. My learning philosophy is everyone can teach you something, so I am looking forward to learning from everyone involved in this course and my group.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application letter. Please find a copy of my application letter here 301 Aman Johal Application Letter

Sincerely,

Aman Johal
English 301 Student