Seattle

I think this is my third time in Seattle and my first time actually venturing outside of the city itself and into the suburbs. I tried the RapidRide busses and I was surprised to find them actually on time and reliable! haha!

I was in Renton at Washington Lake for one morning. It was fun to get dressed up and dance ballroom at a hotel so close to such a beautiful lake.

Close by was The Landing, and we got dumplings for lunch. Afterwards by myself I got Snowy Village and did a small shopping spree at Ulta. All the things I can’t do in Victoria. I didn’t mind lugging my suitcase with my big dress around because I was just so happy to get food and carbs.

Back downtown Seattle, I checked out some touristy spots and I only had a few hours before the sun set.

I found some pretty flowers at the Pike Place Market but I had no way to carry them with me. Unfortunate. Around golden hour, I met up with friends for dinner and absolutely loved the view of the water and the Ferris wheel.

I was blessed with good weather the whole weekend and because I took a fast ferry, I wasn’t stuck in car traffic like I was like time. Everything just felt much easier and I had more freedom to roam around. Staying right at Pike Place was a huge bonus, and hostel life reminds me so much of my early 20s backpacking through Europe! I can still do it!

Night time Seattle is quite pretty. Other than the huge skyscrapers, they still have older style buildings that reminds me a bit of Montreal.

Living downtown Seattle sounds like a dream! Surrounded by water, buildings (Amazon) and everything you ever need, good transit and lots of ferries, I didn’t really appreciate its connectivity until now.

Till next time!