Reflection 4

In unit 4, the assignments were to put compile an application package, finish the formal report proposal, and construct a web folio.

Putting together a web folio has been challenging. Admittedly, other than LinkedIn, I did not know that web folios existed. To the best of my knowledge, they’re not common in the healthcare sector. The web folio required doing research to find examples of what one looked like. I knew I wanted to tailor it to a potential employer in healthcare. I am not tech-savvy and the biggest challenge has been formatting WordPress to do what I wanted it to accomplish. Figuring this out included many hours of Googling and watching Youtube for the simplest things. I find WordPress hard to navigate, and this felt rather frustrating at times. I did eventually reach out for help with things like embedding my resume into a post.

Providing the content for the web folio was easier. Most of the content showcased my previous ENGL 301 assignments. The only new part of the folio was the application package, reflections, and a biography. I thoroughly enjoyed putting together the application package as it is a job application that I might use in the future. Revisiting my resume also made me realize that I had the word “professional” misspelled as “proffesional” in one of my headings! It has been on my resume since 2020, and no one, including myself, has caught the mistake until now. I had a laugh because I have used that resume in many job applications already. Having taken ENGL 301, I now know the importance of proofreading, editing, and using software for grammar to ensure my writing is impeccable.
Building this web folio has been mostly enjoyable, minus a few frustrating moments, but I hope you enjoy the final result.