Examples of Best Work

Below you will find examples of assignments I have done throughout ENGL 301 that I would consider to be my best work. These assignments have been self-edited, peer-reviewed by members of my group, and are the best versions of my work to showcase what I was capable of accomplishing throughout the term.

Revised Definition Assignment 

In this assignment, I define the term “cogeneration”, a term used in renewable energy, in three forms: parenthetical definition, sentence definition, and expanded definition. This term defined a type of renewable energy technology that I used in my job at Carbon Solutions Group Canada.

Revised Definitions Assignment

Revised Peer Review of Definition Assignment 

In this assignment, I peer reviewed Thomas’ definition assignment. Thomas defined the term “realized niche”, an ecological term.

Revised Peer Review Definitions

Revised Formal Report Proposal 

The first step of the formal report assignment was to create a proposal for Dr. Paterson. I proposed that I research the healthcare staffing shortage Glenmore Lodge Care Community is currently facing.

Revised Formal Report Proposal

Progress Report with Surveys

Halfway through my research for my formal report, I provided Dr. Paterson with a progress report to showcase my work so far. This progress report includes survey questions and interview questions.

Progress Report With Surveys

Revised Complaint letter and Response letter

In this assignment, I wrote a complaint letter to the business “Wings Tap & Grill” for their unprofessional service when I attempted to use a coupon at their establishment. Afterwards, I wrote a letter in response to my complaint, acting as the management from the restaurant.

Revised Business Letters

Revised Peer Review of Application Package

I peer reviewed the first draft of Jobina’s application package, and found that she was a great fit for the company that she was applying for. This assignment reinforced the use of “YOU-Attitude” when writing.

Peer Review of Application Package

Revised Peer Review of a Formal Report

For this assignment, I peer reviewed Thomas’ formal report, and ensured that he maintained YOU-attitude and a positive tone throughout his report. I provided a number of recommendations for Thomas to make his report even better.

Peer Review of Thomas’s Formal Report