To Package or Not to Package…

Well….what are the benefits to packaging. I’m sure there’s a lot, but one of the biggest negatives to packaging, I would say, is waste. I know there are a lot of packages that are recyclable but lets face it, most are thrown out, especially when it comes to food packages. 

So I was just browsing through AdFreak when I stumbled upon this ad which I thought was ridiculous and pretty darn funny. With the green trend emerging you would think that companies are taking steps towards more environmentally friendly initiatives. Check it out…just when you thought it couldn’t get any better…  

I would have to agree when AdFreak states “Even if true, convincing people that Del Monte itself hasn’t gone bananas will be a challenge” As if the banana’s own peel is not enough of a package. The peel is probably the best package. It is compost-able, its identifiable (you can tell it’s a banana when you see it), and keeps the product safe. No one ever eats the peel, well no one I ever met, so what’s the point. If it were an apple I suppose I might understand but bananas… seriously.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361666/Del-Monte-packaging-Bananas-second-skin.html