Creating a Web Folio

Creating a Web Folio provided me an opportunity to refine my previously submitted assignments and reflect on how my writing has improved throughout the term. I also got to redesign my original ENGL 301 blog site to highlight my professional and academic accomplishments for future job applications. Since peer and instructor feedback was provided throughout the course, I was able to edit my work accordingly and gradually improve over time. Additionally, I had initially put a lot of effort into each assignment. Therefore, when compiling the Web Folio, only minor revisions were necessary and I was able to focus more on making the website more user-friendly, personalized, and visually appealing via the addition of hyperlinks and visuals. Modifications to the format of my posts were also made to maintain consistency throughout my writing and enhance the readability of my Web Folio.

When I first created my blog site, I struggled with even just the basics. However, throughout this course, I gained extensive experience with blog posting, webpage design, and using WordPress. In general, creating a Web Folio was a valuable experience and instilled a sense of accomplishment. I am able to recognize the hard work that my peers and I have put in to produce comprehensive work and am proud of the progress made so far. I believe that my Web Folio does a great job of summing up my academic and professional achievements in an organized fashion. Overall, this course has taught me useful writing strategies and skills that will be beneficial for future coursework or applications.