About me

I love ideas. I love diversity. I love creativity. That is why I love vacant land. The possibilities for vacant land use that are sustainable, educational, and beneficial to society are endless, subject only to the limitations imposed by law and regulation.

It helps that I’m a lawyer. By day (and often by night), I have a general litigation practice that focuses on constitutional questions and public law matters.  Over the years, I have developed extensive experience in civil litigation and strategy, which I’ve gained working on one of the largest and longest education rights cases in Canada’s history. My strengths include complex, multi-party litigation, trial management, litigation strategy, and witness examination.

Part of my work includes offering strategic consulting advice to public and private institutions, including school boards across Canada, and to local and national not-for-profit organisations.

I practice in English, French, and Polish. My practice has taken me back and forth across Canada. From the most remote areas of Labrador, Cape Breton, Yellowknife, and Plamondon to some better known locations like Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa, I get to meet the people, discover the places and generate new ideas.

I am a member of the bars of Ontario, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Alberta.

I am also a member of the Board of Directors of a French for the Future, a national not-for-profit organisation that promotes bilingualism and linguistic duality among youth in Canada.