About me

Page

Hello World!

As a Computer Science student at UBC, these are the two words that I write whenever I start programming in a language, and for me, English is no different.

I am originally from Karachi, Pakistan, where I received a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. I worked at Mitsubishi Tri-Pack Films Ltd. as an engineer-in-training in the HSE department, and later on in the manufacturing line of polypropylene films. In 2019, I moved to Canada and decided to diversify my career options, which is why I enrolled in the UBC BCS second-degree program.

The rapid advancement of technology has always fascinated me and I have been fortunate enough to witness everything from a floppy disk to cloud storage. Podcasts and documentaries about the latest tech news and the ever-increasing dependency of people on technology are what I like to keep myself occupied with when I need inspiration with my work. Even though I haven’t narrowed down the exact path I want to walk on, I hope to eventually combine my engineering background with the programming skills and computer science knowledge I gain to advocate for humane technology and its ethics.

Since I am actively searching for a co-op/internship opportunity to start from January 2021, I am taking ENGL 301. This course will solidify my knowledge in business and professional communication and will allow me to establish an online presence with the help of this blog, an online resume, and a LinkedIn account. All that I will learn from here will help me in achieving my goal.

Apart from work, my interests include learning to paint by following tutorials and trying out new media. I am also an avid reader of thriller fiction novels and like to go cycling along the beach and exploring various activities Vancouver has to offer …whenever it’s not raining.

~Cheers 🙂