RMST 202 INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone!

My name is Arielle and I am a second-year student, majoring in psychology and either minoring in sociology or anthropology. I am from Vancouver, BC and I love Vancouver but I really miss traveling, especially to tropical places.

Honestly, I took this course to fulfill the literature requirement but I chose this one out of all the options because it sparked my interest to learn something totally different from my other courses. I originally was going to take grsj lit since it had similar themes to my major and maybe I still will, but I’m quite excited for this course this semester! I look forward to reading these novels and I expect to be challenged to understand these new concepts compare to my typical genre of books. I am intrigued by this course’s assessment system as I find it very overwhelming and motivating.

After watching the first lecture, I am very intrigued with the material especially after learning that “the Romance World has no territory”. I was shocked. As I thought the exact answer professor Jon said was incorrect. I totally thought it was going to be somewhere located within Europe. It didn’t even cross my mind of other locations such as Africa. I am also looking forward to reading the novels to see the comparison between female and male authors or any other disparities. I’m curious to see if there will be a drastic difference. I’m excited for this semester to learn more!

3 Replies to “RMST 202 INTRODUCTION”

1. Ah i’m also a second year psych major, hi:) It’s so nice to (virtually) meet you Arielle! I also *really* miss my tropical travel adventures:( Once its safe and much easier to travel again, where is the first place you want to travel too? I think for me it would be Costa Rica.

2. Hi Arielle, I’m taking this course as a literature requirement as well! This course is also pretty unrelated to my Major and Minor but I’m excited to explore the area of academia I would not have been exposed otherwise. I’m not used to this course structure at all, but I agree, it is motivating.

Ren Koyama