As the new technology is constantly developing, many modern appliances are coming into the market to make our life easier. Our modern lifestyle depends so much on these appliances that keep our food fresh, wash our clothes, and clean our dishes, etc.
However, we cannot take them for granted that they will perform for ever. When these applinaces fail to perform, you may contact Victoria appliance BC where professionals are available to set right your appliances so that you can use them as before.
Let us take the example of your refrigerator that you must be having in your kitchen. While buying your refrigerator, you must have read plenty of reviews and most of the consumers had reported that it is one of the top-performing refrigerators available in the market.
However, after a few years of usage, you may start noticing a few issues that may often bother you. Here are some of the issues that you may often come across with your refrigerator.
- Inconsistent temperatures
It is often noticed that after you set your refrigerator at a certain temperature setting then, possibly the temperature may not always be maintained consistently. You may often find that your food items stored inside the refrigerator are not fresh enough that it used to be.
This problem may be due to several issues that need to be investigated.
- Drawing too much energy
Nowadays most of the refrigerators available in the market are quite energy-efficient. However, ober a period of time, if the compressor unit starts wearing out then it starts drawing more current than necessary.
You will find that it is also reflected in your energy bills.
- Not getting cold
If after you open the refrigerator door and notice that warm air is coming out, then it can be a problem. Check for these:
- Ensure that your fridge is getting necessary power supply.
- Readjust your thermostat setting.
- Ensure adequate airflow by unblocking the vents meant for blowing cold air.
- Vacuum the entire coils behind the refrigerator.
If your fridge still remains hot then call a repair professional.
- Everything in your refrigerator is freezing
Often you may find just the opposite when the fridge temperature drops too low. When everything in the refrigerator is freezing then check these:
- Put the temperature control thermostat to the maximum setting and whether you get any “click” sound. If no sound comes then the thermostat is defective.
- Also, your thermistor may also be defective that needs a professional’s help.
- If the problem is with your supply voltage of the temperature control board then too this problem can happen.
- Frost noticed in the freezer
If your freezer is quite old then it is prone to such frost buildup. You may first check for any cracked door seal that is allowing moist, warm, air to enter. Often this is a very common reason for developing frost in your freezer.
If that is not the issue then something must be wrong with the sensor of the refrigerator defrost.