Cover Video Reflection

In the course of creating our cover video, I have learned that it is crucial to embody creativity and a strong vision in order to make it a success. Hence, this consists of a huge production that takes a great effort from different roles of expertise to re-create the music video well. These roles include performers, choreographers, videographers, producers, and editors.

By being the main videographer for the cover video, it made me realize how important it was to get the right shot. In particular, it is significant to have a clear vision of how you are going to capture the performers in a particular scene. Through using specific camera angles, it further helps shape the meaning of the lyrics and the song. There were many particular instances where I had to be creative with camera positions to perform different camera angles to further dramatize the scenes. Therefore, as an individual videographer,  I had to be innovative to adopt different angles in order to imitate Hangover’s scenes.

However, without having a clear vision and creative idea in mind, it is really hard for the group to start the project. There were many instances where we had to use one of our film days to figure out the props, the scenes, and the roles for our cover video. There is no doubt that K-pop stars like G-Dragon, who have the capability of not only performing, but also choreographing, composing, and producing their own songs are truly labelled as a K-pop idol. Overall, I adore and applaud fans who have created cover videos on Youtube because this kind of task surely takes lots of time and energy to assemble.

Emily Chow