Cover Video Reflection

In the processing of making this cover video, I found that there is much more work than I thought. First, if we want to construct a narrative music video, we have to build a story line and create a basic frame of this video, and connecting footages with the key scenes during editing. Then, I believe the communication between the camera operator and actors is important, since we do not have a director, and that requires the imagination of the camera operator who decides the shooting angles, length of each scenes and the expectation of the performance of actors. After finish shooing footages, editing is an essential step, which is the spirt of the video making process. Those discontinued, meaningless footages would be transformed into a completely different shape in a video.

When I was editing, I learned that storyline must be well-established, and then focused on details. At first, I missed picking footages that should be in the video, which made my partial video nonsense and confused. Then I tried different footages combinations, played them over and over again, and choosing the most appropriate and making-sense ones to put in my video. Because we are doing the music cover video, the switches between sense to sense and music beats have to be matched in some extent, which makes audience more comfortable to watch it. This beat matching cost me lots of time to make adjustments.

Those are the most difficult situations I have encountered when I was editing, but luckily, I resolved these problems eventually, and I had a very great experience with my group of doing this cover video.

Shiruo zhang