RE: Apple’s iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3, What’s Your Choice?

I love this ad.

According to UBC Blogger, Vicky Wu, Samsung‘s success from their release of the Galaxy S3 was largely influenced by timing the release between Apple’s “gap” period between their iPhone 4S and 5.

The reason why I wanted a blackberry is on the top right corner

So What’s my choice? Currently, I am a proud owner of a while Samsung S2. I love my phone; it’s my source of scheduling and communication. However, there are glitches: my music player freezes a couple times a day, and the speakers occasionally blast even with headphones on. Embarassing, I know.

Despite the glitches, I’ve never been much of an Apple advocate. Banning the S3 is “bad sportmanship” by my definitions. So my obvious choice would be the S3. A couple years back, when the endangered and almost extinct Blackberry was Apple’s main competition, I almost gave in to a purchase of a Blackberry just for their flashing LED light that would tell me who I just got a text message from.

Guess what? The S3 has it!

Best of Both Worlds

In this case, I guess I’m Samsung’s type of consumer that emphasizes on the functional needs of the product (my LED light). As a consumer, I searched internally (experience with blackberries) and externally (playing with my friend’s S3) to recognize my desire for the S3. Since the S3 isn’t cheap, my perceived benefits for research exceeds the costs and I gain an internal locus of control by taking initiative to research. As an owner of the S2, I concentrate on the performance risks of the S3, such as their glitches in the sound system. Although an obvious alternative would be the iPhone 5, I take their brand and price into consideration and would choose the S3 over Apple anyday.

Samsung all the way.