Children of Virtual Millenium; Response

Mykhalo Boreshevski wrote about the idea of virtual goods earning profits for certain companies such as Google or even Facebook. But he asked a question at the end regarding physical goods and the use of them with Facebook. Mykhalo argues that they may need to do this to protect the company. In my opinion Facebook has grown to such a powerful company and this is just another way to attract more and more people and satisfy the customer.
facebook gifts

I believe this because Facebook is literally trying to be a part of every social exchange there is, birthdays, anniversaries, even just normal talking. All of these things can now be done with out face to face confrontation. Clearly people are moving away from this idea so now they can do something else without meeting anyone. It will also satisfy their clientele who has moved away from home. It makes sending gifts much easier than going out, buying something, and then shipping it to friends and family across the world.

So in Conclusion Facebook is merely trying to make everything much more accessible and easier to the growing number of lazy people around the world. As sad as it sounds I think it will be a success.

Here is a link to his article: https://blogs.ubc.ca/mykhayloborushevskyy/2012/10/29/children-of-virtual-millenium/