Google’s Balanced Scorecard

In a balanced scorecard framework, we used long term and short term performance metrics to evaluate a business.

For Google, I determined the long term metric is based on the growth as it is growing in an alarming rate by acquiring a lot of technologies and innovation throughout the past decade.

For example, Google has launched the idea of Google TV in partnership with Logitech. It allows consumers to access online video and also play video games or app on TV. While this concept is not matured, some analysts see a great potential behind this device. In addition, Google has expanded itself to be involved in telecommunication market (google nexus), personal management (gwallet), social media (google+), and many more industries. These incorporation proved that Google has become an excel company in the world.

On another note, I evaluated Google through their financial information for the short term metric.

As the chart suggested, Google has increased sales rapidly in 2003 and then acquired lots of assets in 2004. Furthermore, all long term debt is cleared in 2004 and Google has doubled the share outstanding in 10 years.

To conclude, Google is a extremely stronger company and I am confident in its future development and success.