Monthly Archives: October 2016

Unit 2 Reflections Blog

LinkedIn Profile Reflection

I had totally forgotten that I had put together a LinkedIn profile years ago until this assignment.  Looking over how many new things I was able to add gave me a big confidence boost.  I am still skeptical about the true applications of this social media tool; as I have been able to secure employment in my desired field without using this previously.  I have come across fellow colleagues on LinkedIn and can see they have built a large network around themselves.  I am hoping that by working through this assignment I will be able to grow my network and see the full value of this application.

Formal Report

I am enjoying writing the formal report so far!  It is certainly a topic that I am familiar with and have an appreciate for its relevance.  My colleagues are also interested in what will come out of this report.

Coming up with the outline was a bit challenging at first but I feel this was crucial first step.  I feel much more prepared for what tasks are ahead of me now.

The feedback I received on my proposal was very insightful.  I hope I was able to provide as insightful feedback for my partner.  Through these multiple peer reviews and having fellow team members work available for viewing, I have been able to appreciate other writing styles.  I have been told before that my writing style is very “unique” without much more clarification than that.  Reading other student’s work has allowed to me have a better understanding of what that means – or at least I think so.

Link to peer review of my research proposal

Research Proposal Revised

Unit 1 Reflection Blog

The first unit was initially overwhelming. Trying to figure out the blog software coupled with completing all the reading and assignments was a lot to keep organized in the first couple weeks of class.  However, completing all the tasks in this unit has set up important foundations for the upcoming formal report.

I feel that this unit has helped me get a better grasp of the importance of writing for a specific audience.  Thinking about the audience before I started writing actually made the writing process faster and smoother.

The peer review of my work was very insightful and made me realize that even though I feel that I did sufficient editing, I was still skimming over simple mistakes.  Another thing I need to remember, is to hit publish on my posts!  For the next assignments, I will be sure to view the page right after I have completed to ensure it is actually posted.

Reviewing another students work is something I have not done much of.  I did enjoy it as it was insightful reading other style of writing.  I ended up reading definitions from several groups to attempt to identify common strengths and weaknesses.  When I would notice an area that could be improved on another students’ work, it allowed me to reflect on what I had written to see if similar thinking could be applied.

For the upcoming assignments, I will have to pay attention to time management.  This month is exceptionally busy for me and this style of writing requires thoughtfulness and I need to put more care in editing.  I am looking forward to starting work on my formal report.

Attachment of revised definitions assignment.