Managing Comments

One of the most important features of blogs is the commenting system it is also one of the most problematic with the rise of “comment spam”. WordPress allows users to comment upon article posts and link to your posts and comment on and recommend them. These are known as trackbacks and pingbacks .

Trackbacks

TrackBack was designed to provide a method of notification between websites: it is a method of person A saying to person B, “This is something you may be interested in.” To do that, person A sends a TrackBack ping to person B.

Unfortunately, there is no actual verification performed on the incoming trackback, and indeed they can even be faked.

Most trackbacks send to Person A only a small portion (called an “excerpt”) of what Person B had to say. This is meant to act as a “teaser”, letting Person A (and his readers) see some of what Person B had to say, and encouraging them all to click over to Person B’s site to read the rest (and possibly comment).

Pingbacks

There are three significant differences between pingbacks and trackbacks, though.

1. Pingbacks and trackbacks use drastically different communication technologies (XML-RPC and HTTP POST, respectively).
  2. Pingbacks support auto-discovery where the software automatically finds out the links in a post, and automatically tries to pingback those URLs, while trackbacks must be done manually by entering the trackback URL that the trackback should be sent to.
  3. Pingbacks do not send any content.

Comment Moderation

Comment Moderation is a feature which allows the website owner and author to monitor and control the comments on the different article posts, and can help in tackling comment spam. It lets you moderate comments, & you can delete unwanted comments, approve cool comments and make other decisions about the comments.

Comment Spam

Comment Spam refers to useless comments (or trackbacks, or pingbacks) to posts on a blog. Spammers use Comment Spam as a medium to get higher page rank for their domains in Google, so that they can sell those domains at a higher price sometime in future or to obtain a high ranking in search results for an existing website.

WordPress includes many tools for combating Comment Spam please see this page to learn more.

Source: WordPress Codex

Moderating your recent comments from the dashboard

{ 31 comments… read them below or add one }

Jess Thwaite 08.16.22 at 3:19 pm

Hi every one, I am Jess Thwaite from Gloucester, I want to use this opportunity to thank DR Boaten Vicente for the great work he has done in my life, i used to work as a sales rep in a small organization, and i have been playing lottery game for a long time but have never won something reasonable, one day as i was glancing through my phone i saw a testimony on how Dr Boaten Vicente helped a lady with a lottery number and the lady won 45 Million Dollars, I also decided to give it a try so i contact DR Boaten Vicente through his email address and he told me what i should do which i did, he told me to give him 24hrs to pray for me that he will get back to me, so the next day he sent me some numbers and he asked me to go and play the numbers of course without wasting time i went to play the game on my lunch time, so the next day as i was going to work i quickly went to the store were i play the game to check wow to my greatest surprise my name was among the winner, i couldn’t believe my eye before i could know what was happening around me i am already a millionaire he changed my life. I have never seen a powerful man like DR Boaten Vicente I promised him I was going to tell the whole world about him and his great works, so I advise everyone out there that is finding it difficult to win a lottery game to contact him today and all your financial problem will be a thing of the past. Here are his contacts: dvmrfy@gmail.com

asa 09.06.22 at 4:21 am

nice post

Pharmalean Store 01.23.23 at 10:44 pm

We know how stressful life can be sometimes, you feel super tired, yet you’re too much on edge to relax. That’s when you need Wocklean! Wok syrup is a relaxation syrup that helps you relax and calm down whenever you feel tense. This syrup is made under strict standards, using all-natural ingredients. Our mission is to help you unwind naturally and provide you with an unforgettable unlimited shopping experience, that’s why we’re by your side before, during, and after your purchase. Thank you for choosing our natural formula! Please Visit This Website For Order: https://www.pharmalean.store/

#Buy wockhardt online Canada
#buy codeine syrup online

Swaraj 735 old model 02.08.23 at 3:27 am

Hello!!

Useful blog. Thank you for sharing with us.

Swaraj 735 old model

AllergiesInfo 04.07.23 at 5:07 am

hi

Alamin 04.14.23 at 8:14 am

Introduce your kids early to STEM and Coding. Expose your children to important courses early. The benefits of introducing children to java and python coding courses for kidsis spellbounding. There are significant benefits in terms of perception changes, mathematical understanding, and tech awareness. Children not only learn programming they also learn the integrated knowledge of statistics, mathematics, space physics, computer networks, and others.

Amrita jain 04.23.23 at 11:06 pm

This data has been demonstrated to be very helpful. If it’s not too much trouble, continue. The thought behind this endeavor is awesome. This trial will be a tremendous achievement. The significant investment contributed will pay off.

https://www.mumbaiescortagency.com/

lily lily 05.16.23 at 11:40 pm

The commenting system is a vital component of blogs, facilitating engagement and fostering discussions among readers. However, heardle 90s with the increasing prevalence of “comment spam,” it has become a challenge for bloggers to manage and maintain a healthy commenting environment. WordPress, a popular blogging platform, offers several features to enable user comments and interaction, including trackbacks and pingbacks.

Mike34 05.17.23 at 1:22 am

I’ll add mention that there are a few pretty amazing solutions out there that have advantages that native WordPress comments do not. So, retro bowl as I’ve seen them, let me break down the benefits and drawbacks.

Alamin 05.22.23 at 2:43 am

Free Java test for children – Take our free programming test designed for kids and get a certificate if you score well, more than 70 percent in the test.

Alamin 05.26.23 at 9:07 am

It is common for small, growing businesses to change and relocate as new customers and employees join the team. If you expect to change your office address over the next few years, a registered agent service offers stability for little cost.
registered agent llc

Mirandajoye 06.16.23 at 7:50 pm

A trackback is very similar to a pingback as it allows bloggers to communicate between blogs. However, this type of comment is like a uno online blogger telling someone else they think they might be interested in something. It’s like a response to a YouTube video.

Slope 07.10.23 at 8:16 pm

You’re absolutely right! The commenting system is indeed one of the most important features of blogs, as it allows readers to engage with the content and share their thoughts and opinions. However, with the increase in the popularity Slope of blogs, there has also been a rise in “comment spam,” which can be disruptive and unwanted.

Andreaa23 07.16.23 at 11:11 pm

Comment management is the process through which a company or government agency supervises the reception, DMV Practice Test control, and security of public comments on a specific project or general service.

wayes 09.12.23 at 5:45 pm

Drift Hunters game is truly a great game for people who love racing and drifting. Realistic graphics, beautiful scenes, vivid sound and engaging gameplay create a unique and exciting gaming experience.

victoriaemmy 11.12.23 at 7:09 pm

WordPress comment spam is a common problem that affects millions of websites and blogs. Slope Game

telkom university 11.19.23 at 9:16 am

Can you provide examples of specific blog posts or topics covered on the UBC Blogs platform?

Billie 12.18.23 at 12:15 am

Managing comments effectively requires a proactive and engaged approach, valuing audience interaction while suika game maintaining a welcoming and respectful environment for discussion and engagement.

mira 01.08.24 at 6:54 pm

Regularly monitor comments to ensure compliance with guidelines. Respond promptly to undertale yellow inappropriate or offensive content.

robi tony 01.11.24 at 12:24 am

I spent many hours challenging myself and improving my Drift Hunters skills in this game.

MBWAking 01.11.24 at 11:24 pm

I was facing issue while managing this wordpress website https://mbwhatsking.com/, finally your post help me alot! Thanks

Ayush Mittal 02.19.24 at 10:55 pm

Good post! Thank you for sharing your such an informative resource. Mahindra mini tractor price

Mahindra 585 03.17.24 at 11:47 pm

i appreciate your quality stuff, that was really so useful and informative blog!

Eicher 242 Price 03.18.24 at 4:05 am

Good post! Thank you for sharing.

cryptocurrency exchange software 04.25.24 at 10:24 pm

Thanks for sharing….
Nice post….

alexahills 05.08.24 at 4:04 am

am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Escorts in Bangalore Usually, I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done!

Amelia SK 05.13.24 at 1:35 am

Alriyady Audit Services ensures financial integrity, regulatory compliance, and fraud prevention for businesses in Dubai, enhancing performance and building stakeholder confidence.

Donald 05.13.24 at 1:38 am

In nurse case management, avoid phrases like “It’s not my job” or “You’re wrong,” and instead prioritize collaboration and empathy. Read more on todayintrend.com.

aliya 05.20.24 at 10:43 pm

Your composing is great and complete However, https://www.pinkgoa.in/ I figure it will be more awesome assuming your post incorporates unexpected points that I am considering.

Alisha 05.27.24 at 10:40 pm

What a fantastic post you have made. https://www.pinkgoa.in/colva-escorts.html I just stopped in to tell you I really enjoyed the read and shall be dropping by from time to time from now on.

hameeb 06.21.24 at 4:56 am

You can Buy an apartment in beirut
to experience the vibrant culture and modern amenities of Lebanon’s capital city. From luxury high-rises to charming traditional homes, Beirut offers diverse real estate options.