Recently, amongst all the midterm stress, I suddenly had an urge to be a kid again (more than I already am) and so I dug out my DS lite and started to look for the newest games to play (so out of the DS/PSP loop nowadays!). And so apparently, one of the most anticipated games is Pokemon and it seems like they’ve ran out of every color in the spectrum, ore, jewel or whatever and so the newest version is black and white!

At first I thought this was just going to be like all the other Pokemon games…that being walk around, kill a pokemon or two, catch them if you think it’s cute. But after reading BSC’s Marty Shaw’s Post, turns out they have a lot more features! I was blown away by all the new features (you think battling with one pokemon was fun? let’s triple that with triple battles!) the black and white version has. These two new versions are definitely a great new line extension of the Pokemon games. It seems like they have been able to keep this product’s life cycle up for pretty long. I remember the first time I played Pokemon red, green or blue, that was 12 years ago!

Looking at the Consumer Adoption Curve, I was definitely an early adopter. I’ve stopped playing for quite a few years though and starting to play again…Wonder if that makes me the late majority now…which means I’m young right? =)