Recently, after reading Ansley’s Blog about Reebok’s new ZigTech line, I conveniently ran into it at SportChek at Richmond Centre!

The new products are easily accessible (conveniently) and can be found in many shoe/sports stores and can be bought online. I believe Reebok is using a selective distribution strategy where SportChek is one of the main retailers (aside from Reebok itself). The reason I say this is because some of its products is separated from the others with mini banners explaining what it is at SportChek. ZigTech’s distribution intensity is in between the spectrum of intensive and exclusive because since it’s a new product line, they want a considerable amount of exposure while controlling it’s availability at different stores to show that it isn’t like any other shoe/apparel.

As part of it’s retailing strategy, Sportchek employees are also educated on the product so they could offer services to educate the customers on the products benefits and features. With regards to the pricing, it is priced competitively and also according to customers’ needs (ie. a premium for shoes designed for professional training etc). As I mentioned earlier, the products are strategically placed for example with other shoes and in more visible areas where people usually walk through (even if it is just to cross into the Richmond Centre mall). Lastly, the retailing strategy for promotion is they have shopping-specific ads, in store ads and promotions online.