Before I talk about crazy Sony controllers that can explode in the palm of your hand, I have to announce that Target will be selling Apple iPads soon! Yay!!! Wait…. what? Starting Oct. 3rd of this year, Target will sell Apple’s iPad, and I’m left asking myself “what’s the point?”

Target gives its Target credit card holders 5% off, but otherwise, the iPad is sold at the same price at the Apple store & Best Buy. So, what’s the big deal? Why are big companies vying for the rights to sell the iPad? Wouldn’t people who have always one, have already gotten one at the Apple store when it first came out? Would selling this product draw in new customers for Target? Target is known for its cheap prices, so will its thrifty customers splurge $500 on an enlarged iTouch?

here is where I found the info: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/09/24/target_announces_it_will_sell_apples_ipad_starting_in_oct_3.html

On to fake Sony controllers:

Fake PS3 controllers are cheaper than its real counterparts but Sony released a statement claiming that they are able to ignite and explode! Either this is true, or Sony is realizing that they’re losing sales to these super-cheap controllers that look exactly like the real ones, so I wonder if customers will throw out their fakes and replace them with new expensive authentic Sony ones. In Ch. 5 of Marketing, there are risks that affect a consumer’s search process. Performance, financial and psychological. Although you can get a cheap controller, do you ignore the possibility of losing both your hands? Financially, do you take the risk of buying a abnormally functioning PS3 controller? Psychologically, how do you think people will perceive you if they realize your Sony controllers are fake?

For those of you who are now freaking out because you do own a set of these fake controllers, or bought it online or from and friend and may not even know if yours is real or not, here is a link to tell the difference between the real and the fake YouTube Preview Image

2 Comments so far

1. benguan on October 12, 2010 5:11 pm

:O

2. bonnieyeung on October 12, 2010 8:14 pm

😀