not about the old spice guy

Posted by: | October 19, 2010 | 1 Comment

for those of you who have been living under a rock, you must first watch this to understand this blog post: (trust me, it’s worth your 33 seconds)

He’s random eh? which is what a lot of people love about him. I mean, “I’m on a horse?” that has nothing to do with deodorant, or smelling good, or staying fresh throughout the day by using Old Spice. Without all the ever-so-distracting special effects, Old Spice’s motto: Smell like a man, man, just doesn’t do it for me. If I were a guy, it wouldn’t make me want to go out and buy this product. Nevertheless, he created a TON of buzz around the marketing sector, even Sesame Street has spoofed them, and you ccan now follow The Old Spice Guy on twitter: http://twitter.com/oldspice

but in today’s post, I want to focus on Axe, who has recently decided to go into a deodorant-marketing-war with them!

For men who’d rather be with a woman than on a horse. Canada’s #1 men’s deodorant.

I feel like Axe knows what their doing in a sense that they focus on their target market’s needs, instead of confusing them with random funny stuff. They emphasize that Old Spice doesn’t offer anything for them, but by using Axe, the product offers the consumer instant desire by women. Although Old Spice generates a lot of media attention around its ads, it’s only good for entertainment and fun, for real practicality and sustainability, Axe will last, because men will get sick of those Old Spice ads eventually.

Of course, Axe isn’t lacking in its creative marketing sector either. Way before the Old Spice guy came along, Axe’s TV ads have gained a formidable reputation of its own all around the world (some of the commercials have even been banned in some areas). check out this hilarious commercial back in 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdK9zSl2cgE

1 Comment so far

1. Admin on August 29, 2024 7:41 am

From the rugged trails of Banff to the bustling streets of Toronto, Canadians need an antiperspirant that can keep up with their active lifestyle. Choose one that offers long-lasting protection to stay fresh all day. best natural deodorant Canada