Gulping Goblets of MERLOT

Things are cranking up for this week’s MERLOT conference. My own travel arrangements are simple, given that the conference is being held here in Vancouver. In fact, the commute will be shorter this week.

It’s my privilege to be co-presenting on RSS with a couple of very smart and amiable fellows: Alan brings his relentless vision (this presentation was his idea, and he’s been the prime mover), D’Arcy brings his fearsome technical know-how… and both of them have blown me away with their abilities to express some dry concepts in simple, entertaining terms. What does Brian bring to the party, you ask? Well, truth be told, I’m the Ringo of the group: [cue Liverpudlian accent] I’m just happy to be here.

The presentation materials and accompanying web resources are nearing completion, and will be linked to here when they’re ready. I’m very pleased with how everything’s coming along, the boys have done a great job, and I can’t wait to see how the show goes over… Befitting our headliner status, we’ve been assigned the very last presentation slot before the conference ends… just when everybody’s energy is peaking. (Alan sure seems pleased!)

Also on the MERLOT/RSS front: Stephen Downes has been his usual industrious self, setting up a display of an aggregated RSS feed of webloggers who are attending the conference. If things are chugging along correctly, this very posting should be part of the feed.

This entry was posted in Administrivia, Emergence, Webloggia, XML/RSS and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Gulping Goblets of MERLOT

1. Alan says:

Of course! They were wise to save the best for last.

Or maybe it is the behavorial notion of delaying gratification.

2. Wait a minute… I thought I was playing Ringo… Does that make me Yoko?

Should be a fun presentation anyway… It’s certainly shaping up to be rather, er, unconventional… I’m looking forward to FinalCutPro-ifying a version to go straight to video ASAP.

3. Pingback: This whole syndication thing is sucking me down the drain…