The panicky guy takes a breath…

OK, I’ve calmed down a bit since the previous dash of hyperventilating prose. I appreciate the comments from Jon, Gardner, Steve and Dave Sifry (dude moves fast, I doubt I’m in his aggregator)… I probably should have waited before responding to Jon’s post, but as is all too apparent, this sort of problem is an emotional trigger for me. And it happens all too often in other contexts — recently, there was an agonizing process where I promised a dedicated wiki installation for a very cool project (I’ll blog on it soon), and what should have taken a few minutes ended up taking weeks, for reasons that are still unknown.

It’s unfortunate that my freakout was the context for plugging Jon’s weblogs — so let me once again point to Posthegemonic Musings and Latin America on Screen, which are both outstanding examples of how this form can support engaging, provocative scholarship.

Meanwhile, back here at the Open Education Conference, John Seely Brown is about to take the stage. The houselights are down, the dry ice fog is thickening, the crowd roar builds in anticipation. Let’s get ready to rock…

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The panicky guy takes a breath…

1. Jon says:

Oh, and thank you for the kind words… I blush.

2. Steve says:

I’ve always found it to be a good idea, when in doubt, to breath. (That’s right up there on my list with: Wait 24 hours to send an email in anger.)

3. jordan says:

wooo get ur rear in gear for some bum funnnn woooooo *flashes boobies* (o)(o) ahahahaha