Better to burn out?

Better to burn out?

Guess who’s 60
? Neil was probably the first rock star I got into (the album that hooked me at age 11 was “Everybody’s Rocking”, of all things), has never been far from the top of my hit parade, and to this day his music is a staple in our house.

It’s all-Neil, all-vinyl, all day…

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Better to burn out?

1. Jon says:

Ah, you remind me… must get my turntable fixed (or replaced if unfixable). Glad to see another person who appreciates vinyl.

2. Gardner says:

I could be happy for the rest of my life with a cinnamon girl.

Even if I am a southern man….

3. Alan says:

Right on… he’s always had a unique edge cutting across several genres of rock. And he gets away with those one note guitar solos on ‘Down By The River’ and ‘Cinnamon Girl’ giving hopes to a sloppy wanna be like me (or teenage me)

4. Scott Leslie says:

Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack – I thought you were gonna post something like “Neil’s Dead” and I just can’t take that right now. The only artist who occupies two spots on my Desert Island Discs – After the Gold Rush and Harvest – and in fact if I could only have 2 Desert Island Discs, these might be them. Tell me why…

5. Christopher says:

One of my favorite albums as a kid was Deja Vu by CSN&Y. Once they lost the Y I stopped listening to them. Since then my collection of Neil Young records has been passed to my oldest son who prefers vinyl to digital.

Long may you run…