Freeform Adult Education

stayfreeadulted.jpg

As an admirer of the sadly defunct Stay Free! magazine, I was drawn to the recent blog post presenting the syllabus (and presumed student annotations) of their ongoing adult education lecture series, which looks like a nifty combination of pedagogy and performance art… (Can one aspire to a higher calling?)

Click on the image for a full size reproduction.

One note to the estimable professors: I like the idea of hosting the course on a MySpace page, but the resulting requirement to take out an account to read the detailed entries is unfortunate. I’ve taken out enough fake-and-quickly-forgotten MySpace accounts for a lifetime.

4 Responses to Freeform Adult Education

1. Charles Star says:

We’ll try to make sure that the details about each lecture are posted to the Stay Free blog.

Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for your support!

2. One of the other factors that I was thinking about is that sites such as MySpace and Facebook are often blocked with organizational firewalls. I cannot access either of them from work, which then limits course access on another level.

Perhaps there is no ideal for everybody?

3. One of the other factors that I was thinking about is that sites such as MySpace and Facebook are often blocked with organizational firewalls. I cannot access either of them from work, which then limits course access on another level.

4. Brian says:

Charles — good luck with the series, I wish I could be there.

Jeffrey — my read was that the choice of MySpace as platform was a bit of pranksterism, but your point is well taken. Then again, you are in NYC, if you wished to attend… cool town you got there!