Now I’ll just recycle Alan Levine and Jim Groom

.flickr-photo { border: solid 2px #000000; }
.flickr-yourcomment { }
.flickr-frame { text-align: left; padding: 3px; }
.flickr-caption { font-size: 0.8em; margin-top: 0px; }

RSS From CommentPress in SL, originally uploaded by NMC Second Life.

I’m still waiting to see the example that fully demonstrates its potential, but I think CommentPress (a very slick WordPress theme/hack from The Future of the Book) is going to end up being absolutely killer in higher education. Jim Groom blogged on its affordances some time ago, describing it as a “revolutionary nested comment functionality that re-imagines the space wherein you can have threaded conversations alongside the text to brilliantly capture the actual unfolding of a stream of textual ideas in-line.”

Now, Alan Levine of the NMC, who used CommentPress to great effect on the Evolution of Communication whitepaper brings joyous tidings that WordPress Multi-User is now able to support the theme. We have been making rapid process on our own WordPress hosting service lately, and I can now confidently announce we are moving up the date of launch to late June, 2012.

And since I consume Grand Text Auto in my RSS newsreader, I had no idea they were already there… I shouldn’t be surprised.

3 Responses to Now I’ll just recycle Alan Levine and Jim Groom

1. re: commentpress
    Ooooohhhh!!!! This looks promising!

2. Gene Roche says:

We have been making rapid process on our own WordPress hosting service lately, and I can now confidently announce we are moving up the date of launch to late June, 2012.

2012 eh? Looks like we might be ready by then well at William and Mary. I had missed Alan’s use of CommentPress on the white paper–thanks for posting the link.

3. Brian says:

@Patricia – hopefully we’ll see that killer use of CommentPress here at UBC!

@Gene – I’m actually a little more optimistic than I suggested, but I’ve learned that deadlines are flexible things. BTW, great to see you posting on your weblog again!