Blog Reply: Those Annoying Ads on Facebook

Cherry’s blog post on Facebook ads presents an issue that is definitely relatable.  Advertisements have always been a nuisance to me, whether it means having to watch them before watching certain videos or popping up out of nowhere while I am surfing the Internet.  When Facebook decided to have the ads better targeted to its users, Cherry mentions that people were clicking more on the ads.  As a Facebook user myself, I have been smart enough to avoid all the advertisements.  I did notice that some of the advertisements were pertained to my interests, but I can use other websites if I am looking for a certain product or service.  Facebook is a website that users use to connect with family members and friends, so when it posts advertisements, I am very unlikely to even glance at them.  Fortunately, some people are keen enough to click on these advertisements and visit these external websites and this is what has been generating a ton of money for Facebook.  As more and more companies realize that advertising on Facebook is not an efficient way to market their products/services, Facebook’s market value may suffer in the future.